The Ultimate List of Entrepreneur Resources
Deciding to start and grow your own business can be both exciting and overwhelming. No matter if it is your first time or fifth, entrepreneurs especially need inspiration once in a while to feel like they are on the right track and that they made the right decision to pursue their dream.
Where do you turn to for advice, guidance, and to learn from others’ experiences? Perhaps you are lucky enough to have a mentor in your life, a close-knit mastermind or networking group, or even experienced family or friends to lean on. But if not, I put together the next best thing – a list of excellent resources for entrepreneurs that includes books, podcasts, LinkedIn, and Facebook Groups.
In the books, you’ll find many lessons to learn from the experiences shared by business greats including Jim Collins, Peter Thiel, and Gary Vaynerchuk. The podcasts give you first-hand access to listen to stories of success and failure while helping you keep on the pulse of the business community. In the Facebook and LinkedIn Groups, you’ll be able to connect directly with other entrepreneurs experiencing the same growth pains you may have. So, dive in here!
Best Business Books for Entrepreneurs
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… And Others Don’t – Jim Collins
- Start With Why – Simon Sinek
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future – Peter Thiel
- Profit First – Mike Michalowicz
- Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence – and How You Can Too – Gary Vaynerchuk
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things – Ben Horowitz
- Built to Last – Successful Habits of Visionary Companies – Jim Collins
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful – Marshall Goldsmith
- High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way – Brendon Burchard
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It – Chris Voss
Best Podcasts for Entrepreneurs
- How I Built This – Guy Raz interviews the world’s best-known entrepreneurs to learn how they built their iconic brands.
- Startup Stories by Mixergy – What do the top startup founders know that you don’t? Discover how to think and take action like they do, straight from the founders themselves.
- The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes – The School of Greatness shares inspiring interviews from the most successful people on the planet
- This Week in Startups – Jason Calacanis and Molly Wood cover startups, tech, markets, media, crypto, and all the hottest topics in business and technology.
- The Crazy Ones by Morning Brew – Founders, friends and fellow builders Alex Lieberman, Jesse Pujji and Sophia Amoruso dole out unfiltered opinions and advice on how to build businesses, and how the current state of the world helps or hurts founders.
Best LinkedIn Groups for Networking
- Entrepreneur Magazine Group (103,514 members)
- Entrepreneur News Network (42,224 members)
- Global Business and Entrepreneur Network (17,715 members)
- Young Entrepreneur Connections (17,301 members)
- Business & Management Consultants (106,735 members)
Best Facebook Groups for Entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurs and Business Owners Community
- Entrepreneur Mindset
- Entrepreneur Mindset Group
- Entrepreneurs & Entrepreneurship
- Networking Entrepreneurs of USA, UK, Canada, Australia & Singapore
Think of this as a working list. There are always new resources that arise. What are your favorite business books, business podcasts, or online groups that you recommend?
Ready for more resources? Check out my blog on Do You Sell Well? and Steps to Becoming a Great Salesperson.